renehasekamp

Rene Hasekamp

I read books (and place a review here afterwards) in the following categories Mystery/Detective, British literature (mostly older books, from Gutenberg.org), Adventure, some Dutch lieterature and more.

My top favorite writers are John Galsworthy, Wilkie Collins, Charles Dickens, but among my five-star reviews you will also find (debuts of) contemporary writers. A recent example is Gillian Flynn. I mostly read ebooks.

King Bhumibol Adulyadej: A Life's Work
Dominic Faulder, Nicholas Grossman
Progress: 96/400 pages
The Jacques Futrelle Megapack: 47 Tales of the Thinking Machine and Others
Jacques Futrelle
Progress: 905/1417 pages

Another page turner by Viveca Sten

I stundens hetta - Viveca Sten

From her first novel on all books by Viveca Sten are - in my opinion - absolute page turners. She always has several story lines,  and every (short) chapter ends in the middle of one of them. So if you want to know how that one goes on,  you have to read on several chapters. Apart from that,  the plots are always good and this fifth book is no exception. What is "advertised" on the cover as the main plot appears to be a secondary one, that is in fact not even completely finished. The main plot also has several sub-plots, but they are all finished and in a satisfactory way. Although the ending is still a bit surprising,  you know for a long time in which circles you have to search for the villain,  but nevertheless Viveca Sten knows how to keep you by her lesson. Anyway, a good detective.