renehasekamp

Rene Hasekamp

I read books (and place a review here afterwards) in the following categories Mystery/Detective, British literature (mostly older books, from Gutenberg.org), Adventure, some Dutch lieterature and more.

My top favorite writers are John Galsworthy, Wilkie Collins, Charles Dickens, but among my five-star reviews you will also find (debuts of) contemporary writers. A recent example is Gillian Flynn. I mostly read ebooks.

King Bhumibol Adulyadej: A Life's Work
Dominic Faulder, Nicholas Grossman
Progress: 96/400 pages
The Jacques Futrelle Megapack: 47 Tales of the Thinking Machine and Others
Jacques Futrelle
Progress: 905/1417 pages
Careless in Red - Elizabeth  George I am not very happy with this book. The main reason is that not much happens in this book. A bit talking of the police with several characters, that does not deliver much, lots of descriptions of the lives of all the characters, especially of those who have little to do with the crime. And almost everything that happens, happens in one small village where everybody seems to go to bed with everybody. Another point in which I am disappointed is that there are so many characters and so many sidelines, most of which could have been missed. And then there is the murder, that is in fact is not really solved. And finally we have Lynley who hardly does anything at all. So, I am disappointed in several ways and do not want to give this book more than 2 stars. I had expected so much more.