renehasekamp

Rene Hasekamp

I read books (and place a review here afterwards) in the following categories Mystery/Detective, British literature (mostly older books, from Gutenberg.org), Adventure, some Dutch lieterature and more.

My top favorite writers are John Galsworthy, Wilkie Collins, Charles Dickens, but among my five-star reviews you will also find (debuts of) contemporary writers. A recent example is Gillian Flynn. I mostly read ebooks.

King Bhumibol Adulyadej: A Life's Work
Dominic Faulder, Nicholas Grossman
Progress: 96/400 pages
The Jacques Futrelle Megapack: 47 Tales of the Thinking Machine and Others
Jacques Futrelle
Progress: 905/1417 pages
James Potter and the Vault of Destinies (James Potter,#3) - G. Norman Lippert There are so many reviews already that I keep it short. In my opinion the book starts strong, but the pace becomes slower and the storylines weaker the further you read on. There are too many not-so-strong storylines in the second half or so of the book. You can see from my progress reports that my interest in the book flawed at times. Overall it took me two months to finish it! The climax at the end simply disappointed me (very much). Lippert does write well and his imagination is interesting. Still, the first book in the series remains the best - so far.