renehasekamp

Rene Hasekamp

I read books (and place a review here afterwards) in the following categories Mystery/Detective, British literature (mostly older books, from Gutenberg.org), Adventure, some Dutch lieterature and more.

My top favorite writers are John Galsworthy, Wilkie Collins, Charles Dickens, but among my five-star reviews you will also find (debuts of) contemporary writers. A recent example is Gillian Flynn. I mostly read ebooks.

King Bhumibol Adulyadej: A Life's Work
Dominic Faulder, Nicholas Grossman
Progress: 96/400 pages
The Jacques Futrelle Megapack: 47 Tales of the Thinking Machine and Others
Jacques Futrelle
Progress: 905/1417 pages
DON'T LOOK DOWN - Barbara Scott Emmett This is a great book in every respect. The book is well written, it absorbs you in fact. The characters are well developed and the setting is good.The tension is slowly built up and almost explodes at the climax. What also is appealing, is the way in which bits of information are given about "the other side" in small chapters. But this is done in a clever way. These chapters do never reveal completely who is who. One may guess, but the real (surprising) solution is only given at the end. Barbara Scott Emmett is a gifted author. I certainly can recommend this book to everybody who loves a good thriller.