renehasekamp

Rene Hasekamp

I read books (and place a review here afterwards) in the following categories Mystery/Detective, British literature (mostly older books, from Gutenberg.org), Adventure, some Dutch lieterature and more.

My top favorite writers are John Galsworthy, Wilkie Collins, Charles Dickens, but among my five-star reviews you will also find (debuts of) contemporary writers. A recent example is Gillian Flynn. I mostly read ebooks.

King Bhumibol Adulyadej: A Life's Work
Dominic Faulder, Nicholas Grossman
Progress: 96/400 pages
The Jacques Futrelle Megapack: 47 Tales of the Thinking Machine and Others
Jacques Futrelle
Progress: 905/1417 pages

Too much superficial

World Odyssey - Lance Morcan, James Morcan

I have read this book with pleasure. Let that be clear. But in my opinion everything remains too much at the surface. This epic book describes two to three decades in the lives of three very different people, who end up at the same place eventually. This is an interesting idea, but the events are too great and too much for one book. Maybe it would have been better to work out all this in three books. There are so many events in the lives of the leading characters and so many misfortunes during their travels! Because everything is written in one book, even the most serious problems are solved in just a few pages. The psychology of the main characters could also have been worked in more detail. This having been said, my rating is three stars. It is a good read, but to me a bit too "smooth".