renehasekamp

Rene Hasekamp

I read books (and place a review here afterwards) in the following categories Mystery/Detective, British literature (mostly older books, from Gutenberg.org), Adventure, some Dutch lieterature and more.

My top favorite writers are John Galsworthy, Wilkie Collins, Charles Dickens, but among my five-star reviews you will also find (debuts of) contemporary writers. A recent example is Gillian Flynn. I mostly read ebooks.

King Bhumibol Adulyadej: A Life's Work
Dominic Faulder, Nicholas Grossman
Progress: 96/400 pages
The Jacques Futrelle Megapack: 47 Tales of the Thinking Machine and Others
Jacques Futrelle
Progress: 905/1417 pages
Inferno - Dan Brown I liked the second half of this book far better than the first half. Robert Langdon running from one place to another, solving complicated riddles in minutes and happening to know all the places he visits in the greatest detail is a bit too much of the same. So far for the bad news. The good news is that Dan Brown has left his former book ("The Lost Symbol") behind him and has regained the level we all expect from him. The story and the plot are good. He builds it up well, as we are accustomed from him. There are enough turns in the plot and moments where everything is not what it seems, to make it a page-turner. Dan Brown certainly knows how to write a page-turner!I enjoyed the book, and the ending, which is a bit unconventional but quite satisfying. To all those here who said it was exactly the same as all the previous books by Dan Brown, I would like to say that if they do not like the genre, they should not read is and place one-star reviews. That is not what this site is for. Dan Brown is a very able author in the genre he has chosen, and he does his research very well. If you do not like the genre (but apparently nevertheless read all his books!) read something else.