renehasekamp

Rene Hasekamp

I read books (and place a review here afterwards) in the following categories Mystery/Detective, British literature (mostly older books, from Gutenberg.org), Adventure, some Dutch lieterature and more.

My top favorite writers are John Galsworthy, Wilkie Collins, Charles Dickens, but among my five-star reviews you will also find (debuts of) contemporary writers. A recent example is Gillian Flynn. I mostly read ebooks.

King Bhumibol Adulyadej: A Life's Work
Dominic Faulder, Nicholas Grossman
Progress: 96/400 pages
The Jacques Futrelle Megapack: 47 Tales of the Thinking Machine and Others
Jacques Futrelle
Progress: 905/1417 pages
Miscarriage Of Justice - Bruce A. Borders I have mixed feelings about this book. This book is about a man who serves a prison sentence, not being guilty. And the DA knows that she sent an innocent man for 15 years to prison. When he has done his time, he decides to take revenge on the DA. The first few chapters give you the necessary information about the situation and the main characters. Then the story develops and, although at times good, this part is a bit "too much of the same". Then, suddenly, in the second half, the story becomes good and even very good. It leads to a turn and a good climax close to the end of the book. And, in the last chapter, there is another surprise. That is all I can say without giving away the story. Furthermore, several events are very unlikely or even impossible.Because the first half is, in my opinion, not very good (too slow and "too much of the same"), but the author takes revenge on his readers in the second half, I give the book three stars.